Booking Tickets Online
Cookies can improve your browsing experience by allowing sites remember your preferences or letting you avoid signing in each time you visit certain sites. In this case, our booking pages require that your cookie is available to the Spektrix ticketing system as well as the main Royal Court site. This data file will temporarily store the contents of your shopping basket, so that you can continue to browse through our What’s On pages and still retain tickets in your basket. The file will be emptied when you close your browser.
If you are using Safari (for example on an Apple Device such as iPad, iPhone e.t.c) then you will need to change your setting to allow cookies from ‘Websites I Visit’
If you are using an iPhone or iPad, go to SETTINGS >SAFARI>BLOCK COOKIES and then select ‘Websites I Visit’
If you are using Safari on a computer or laptop, go to SAFARI>PREFERENCES>PRIVACY
Click here if you are using Chrome
Click here if you are using Internet Explorer
If you are experiencing difficulties with cookies on another browser, please allow third party cookies from royalcourttheatre.com and system.spektrix.com (the site that powers our box office).
Every online transaction requires an email address, customer name and basic contact information, which are held within a Royal Court account. Creating an account is quick and free, and once you are registered you will be able to use the same email address and password to login again.
If you have booked online with the Royal Court before, you will already have an account with us. Go to “My Account” which is represented visually by a small person icon on the top right of our website.
Enter your email address and Royal Court password, and click LOGIN.
If you cannot login, or cannot remember your most recent password, enter your email address and select Forgotten your password? A new password email will be emailed to you within a couple of minutes.
It is also possible to log in via Facebook.
Creating a New Account
- If you are a new user, simply select New Customer? You will then be asked to enter your personal details. Note that certain fields (First Name, Last Name, Email address, Contact Number (i.e. your preferred telephone number) and Password) are required for all users; all others, such as Date of Birth and Mobile number, are optional and can be left blank if preferred. Click NEXT.
- If you have a UK postcode, enter it into the box and select FIND. A list of all addresses relevant to that postcode will then appear, from which you can select your address. You can then make changes to this (e.g. adding a flat number) if required. Alternatively select I will enter my address myself to write your full address without referencing the Post Office database. Note – only UK addresses can be generated by the FIND button. Customers outside the UK should select to enter my address myself.
- You will then be asked about your account preferences and whether you would like to receive information from the Royal Court by email, post, and from third-party arts organisations. Tick the boxes you are happy with and select CREATE MY ACCOUNT.
Established users can always make changes to their details by clicking ‘My Account’, logging in, and selecting to edit the information under MY DETAILS, MY ADDRESSES and MY PREFERENCES. Passwords can be changed at any time by logging in and selecting CHANGE MY PASSWORD.
Choosing your date
You can access a list of performances via the What’s On pages for each production.
Selecting the DATES AND TICKETS tab will show you a list of dates, with any useful information (e.g, ‘Captioned performance’ or ‘Concessions available’) listed alongside the performances. If tickets are available, there will be a BOOKING button on the far-right; if only a few tickets are remaining for a performance, this button will automatically change to LIMITED AVAILABILITY. A button which reads SOLD OUT means that no further tickets are available. Click on a booking button to buy or view tickets.
Note – the Limited Availability warning may continue to appear for a short time on performances with no tickets remaining. Always click on the button to view the seating plan and find out exactly what seats, if any, are still available.
Tickets for Monday performances are released at 9am online and demand can be extremely high. Demand for shows in the Jerwood Theatre Upstairs is often higher as there is a lower capacity in the auditorium. For these tickets in our Jerwood Theatre Upstairs, there is a limit of 2 tickets per person.
Please refresh the DATES AND TICKETS tab at 9am and as soon as the DAY SEATS message changes to BOOKING you will be able to access the performance. This will become active at 9am. You will need to refresh the page to see the changed link.
Please be aware that many customers aim to book online at this time, and tickets for Upstairs productions often sell out within 60 seconds, and for Downstairs productions within 10 minutes. There is a chance that some patrons may release tickets from their basket after their initial selection, so please keep trying to avoid disappointment.
Selecting a concession
- Check the terms and conditions of each concessionary price, and whether it is available online. Note that some concessions are limited to particular price bands (e.g. top price only) – the eligibility of prices is displayed beneath the seating plan.
- Select your seats from the seating plan/price list and press CONTINUE.
- Select the concession you require from the drop-down ‘Type’ list. If the price you require does not appear here, you may have selected a seat that is not eligible for the discount. Click ‘Change My Seats’ to try again.
Note – Currently only Student, Over 60s, Equity/BECTU/SDUK, Unemployed and Under 26 concessions can be booked online. Patrons with access requirements, or patrons wishing to see the captions or receive the best reception for audio description, should contact the Box Office directly so that the sales team can advise on the most suitable seats.
Using a Promo Code
- Check the terms and conditions of each special offer, and whether it is available online. These should be printed on all our publicity material.
- Select your seats from the seating plan/price list and press CONTINUE.
- Select the appropriate price from the drop-down ‘Type’ list and press CONTINUE.
- In the basket, under SAVINGS, enter your promo code and press APPLY CODE. If successful, the code will then appear in your basket and reduce any eligible tickets. If nothing is discounted, try clicking REMOVE CODE and entering the code again – you may have mis-typed it. If the code still does not work, check the eligibility for the offer and ensure you have the right criteria. If there is no link, you have entered an invalid or expired code. Please check with Box Office directly for more information.
Completing your purchase
Please note that all tickets are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged or returned after purchase. Please check the contents of your basket carefully before proceeding.
- Click CHECKOUT to purchase your order.
- Enter your email address and password, and click ENTER. See above for instructions on logging in correctly.
- Add/remove a donation as required and click CONTINUE TO CHECKOUT.
- Select a delivery method and click CONTINUE.
- Select a delivery and/or billing address and click CONTINUE. Click EDIT to make changes to your address, or ADD ADDRESSES to add a new billing/delivery address to your record. Note that certain fields (Name, Line 1, Town, Postcode and Country) are required for all addresses. For international addresses please use your Zip code or County number as the postcode.
- Review the summary of your order and make any changes as necessary. Click CONTINUE.
- Enter your payment details as required. Note that expiry and start dates must be written in mm/yy format – e.g. 09/10. Variations upon this (09.10, 09-10, 09:10, 9/10) will not be processed. Also note that the Signature Digits are required for all cards except American Express, where the four-digit code from the front of the card is required instead. Click CONFIRM PURCHASE.
- When your payment has processed, you will be asked to answer the ‘How did you find out about the event?’ questionnaire. Click SAVE AND CONTINUE or SKIP TO CONFIRMATION.
Please check the error message at the top of the screen as this should explain why payment was refused.
- Your card issuer has declined authorisation is a refusal from your bank to release the funds and you should speak with your bank about this.
- Please check your card details and try again suggests that the payment details are not valid: try checking the numbers carefully and trying again.
- Please check your billing address and signature digits and try again suggests that either the security digits are wrong, or the billing address does not match that held by your bank. For your security a check is made against the postcode/zipcode and surname of your bank account. If there is any slight variation between the address you are using during your online transaction and the address held by your bank (including any typos or formatting anomalies) then YesPay will refuse the payment on your behalf, suspecting fraudulent activity. Please check your bank details carefully to match the address and account name exactly.
Note – The rejection of your card details for billing address/signature digit reasons takes place after the first stage of authorisation. For this reason, should your card be rejected on first attempt and accepted on the second, your bank may temporarily authorise two sets of payment. Only successful transactions will complete the second stage of authorisation, which takes place up to 24 hours later.
Royal Court Gift Vouchers
An online gift voucher can be purchased for any amount up to £1000. When purchasing a gift voucher it is possible to send it to yourself or directly to a recipients email address. You can also specify the date that the Gift Voucher will be emailed to the recipient (within 12 months of the purchase date).
The Gift Voucher can be redeemed online at the Checkout stage or direct with the Box Office at the Royal Court. If not redeemed, our Gift Vouchers will expire 12 months after the day it was sent.
Gift Vouchers can only be redeem through the Box Office and unfortunately are not currently accepted by our Bar and Kiitchen or via our in-house Bookshop.
If you are trying to redeem a Gift Voucher and are getting an error message, please contact the Box Office on 020 7565 5000.
If you have a query about our online booking system that has not been answered by this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your question or call the Box Office on 020 7565 5000.